Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



11 April 2007

insert catchy title here


I'd like to say, "Look, I've finally started the new Sampler M patterns!" but I know the real news is this:



Can you believe it? Yes, it is snowing again in beautiful SW Michigan!

WINTER WEATHER ON THE WAY
Low pressure in Missouri will spread snow into the region today as it heads toward the Great Lakes. Several inches of snow along with blowing snow is expected this afternoon through tonight.

The National Weather Service in Grand Rapids has issued a winter weather advisory...which is in effect until 6 pm EDT this afternoon. Snow will be heavy at times this morning. Rain is expected to mix in with the snow this afternoon. Accumulation rates of an inch an hour are expected. In addition winds will gust to around 35 mph at times. Snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches are expected by Wednesday evening. Near whiteout conditions will be possible this morning.


Sheesh. Well, I still have plenty of firewood, even if I don't have enough daylight to take a decent knitting picture even with the flash. My plan is to take advantage of the "knitting weather". This is the regional satellite loop I like to check to see what's coming.

I'm snow-verwhelmed.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter