Lost Arts studio

A lot of the fiber arts I enjoy are things like tatting, netmaking, chair caning, and even weaving, where people will come up to me when I demonstrate and solemnly tell me, "That's a lost art."

My Photo
Name:
Location: SW Outer Nowhere, Michigan, United States

On the Internet, nobody knows you're a chicken. (With apologies to Peter Steiner.)



04 April 2007

Jekyll and Hyde Weather

We've been enjoying mostly-mild weather for nearly a month, and obviously the weather is now descending into its depressive phase. Yesterday at 4pm the temperature was 69 degrees F. (21 C.). This morning by 4am the temperature had dropped to 35 degrees F. (2 C.), where it remains.

Good thing I have a foot dog to keep me warm!

We have a high wind advisory, 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 50 to 55 mph possible. The highest gusts are expected right along the Lake Michigan shoreline -- that would be where I live!

And if the cold air and high wind wasn't enough (remember, this week is Spring break for our son), the forecast also says "Windy. A chance of snow showers in the morning...then snow showers likely. Areas of blowing snow. Much colder. Snow accumulation an inch or less. Highs in the upper 30s. Temperature steady or slowly falling through the day. West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 50 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent."

From nearly 70 degrees to snow, ha ha, very funny, Spring. Yesterday I was transplanting French violets in my bare feet, and today I'm worrying about the cherry blossoms (not) coping with 20-degree temperatures.

I have a fiber arts guild meeting tonight, and I have a couple more rows to go on my nametag -- front and back shown via the magic of photo editing programs.

This is non-reversible double knitting using DMC Cebelia in size 10 and two of the red 00 needles from the Susan Bates "sock set".

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger tatt3r said...

I love your nametag! I especially like the way you used different fonts for your letters. Will I see it in person Monday?

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 

Contents copyright © 2005-2012 Lynn Carpenter